Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a remote keyless entry that the distance is really short?
I have 95 LWB and I almost have to stand next to the car to unlock/lock with my remote.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
:drink1:

·
4,576 Posts
HAHA, this might seem silly, but this is what works for me... i have a 96 Disco SE and the same thing happens even with new batteries in the remote... push the remote up against the botton of your jaw so that its actually touching your skin, and the signal gets amplified... i dont know if its safe but its what works for me..haha

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
01001010 said:
HAHA, this might seem silly, but this is what works for me... i have a 96 Disco SE and the same thing happens even with new batteries in the remote... push the remote up against the botton of your jaw so that its actually touching your skin, and the signal gets amplified... i dont know if its safe but its what works for me..haha
This is not the first time I have heard of this little "trick" and it does seem to work..

Anyhow, the '95 LWB I just sold had the same problem. Try changing the batteries. My '95 LWB works ok, but my remote case is busted at the keyring area. Not to fear! I have a replacement remote coming from a new company in England. They are sending me a sample to test and write up on this site. As soon as I get it and I can test it out, I will have a full write up.

Serg

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think Mick is right. My 1992 Range Rover County is one of the earliest factory keyless-equipped Rovers, the remote is made by Alpine but says Range Rover on it. It is square, thin, and somewhat large by today's standards. Inside, it uses only one battery and the case is held together by screws. One interesting feature is that it has removable tiny "chips" which contain a code for unlocking the car. Buried in the dash is the receiver with a matching removable code chip. The remote has an absolutely incredible range, of like 200-300 feet, no joke if in a nearly empty parking lot. I expected my new 4.0SE would have great range, too. It has a range of about 20'. This range can only be achieved if the switchblade key is erected, not folded. And it uses two batteries. I know that it transmits a new different code everytime the car is driven, so maybe theft-combat is the explanation. One thing I do like about the newer system is at least on the P38 the message center informs the user when the batteries are low. (Critical not to let the keyless batteries run out!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.