Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1975 Chevy full size truck on a dolly?? It will mostly be on flat ground. Not on any interstate. Do you think I could risk it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The beast will pull it, no doubt, reallly depends on the distance and your comfort. I occasionally pull a 24 ft Pusuit up to 50 miles with no problems with my '95 5sp. With the boat, trailer, fuel, stuff probably close to 8000lbs. I'm near the coast in NC so its flat but I have to keep it no more than 55 and have to stay in 4th. Actually get 11mpg towing. The front end feels a bit light with that much weight. Combine that with the short wheel base and you won't want to drive fast, but under 60 and it's fine. Braking is not a problem but needs to be planned for. As far as hills, you will definately feel every slight incline/hill.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have trailer brakes though, how much of a problem would this be?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure on that one. I have trailer brakes on mine. I do also have a small sailboat on a different trailer that I occasionally pull as well. Probably 3,000lbs, maybe a little more, with no trailer brakes. I haven't had any issues but your looking at more weight than that with a very short tounge on the dolly as well. You can always do a test run just to see how she behaves or rent something bigger.

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Yeah I'll be towing my parts car shel to the junk yard , and it's just a shel of a 14' 3500lbs car .

Do you guys thing that my truck will feal that it's towing something since the car is just a shell ?

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
You will be fine.. I use My RRC to pull my 65 dodge pick up all over... I have also used it to pull a toyota 4-runner from Illinois back to Colorado... Not to mention all of the camping etc.. I do... You will be just fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.