Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Disco II. Previous owner had valve job done and the milled the heads as part of rebuilding the heads. I have tracked down a vacuum leak to lower manifold gasket. It does not look like they milled the intake. Question should I have the intake milled before I put it back together?

· Registered
202 Posts
I have a 2000 Disco II. Previous owner had valve job done and the milled the heads as part of rebuilding the heads. I have tracked down a vacuum leak to lower manifold gasket. It does not look like they milled the intake. Question should I have the intake milled before I put it back together?
I have never heard of anyone having an intake manifold machined without having reason to suspect its warped.

When you remove it to fix the leak bring it to a machine shop and they can check if the mating surfaces are true. If it's warped they can then mill it. Watch how much they charge because you can probably get a really good used one cheap.

Before I did that I would simply try replacing the gasket. Just to clarify, are you referring to steel gasket between the upper and lower intake manifolds?
Sometimes people cheap out and try to re-use these. Even if its the valley gasket just try replacing it first paying close attention to the torque procedure.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the metal gasket/valley pan -- suspect they cheaped out. Also, they didn't replace the injector o rings which were hard as a rock and I could lift the rail without any pulling or prying it was that loose

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.