Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just mounted up some 245/75's on my stock LR wheels on a 97D1 SD. First off they look great and fit well( will be trimming rear fenders this weekend ). At almost full lock the fronts rub on the radius arms(normal), should I just drive around this or adjust the steering stops? What has everyone else done?

Thanks in advance! :D

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
As long as you are just driving in town you should be fine!!!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Om road, you shouldn't have much then a slight rub.
If though you are planning to do some hard wheeling with your tires at 18 pounds, the combination of wider tire, while aired down, and more suspension movement while crawling thru the rocks will cause alot more bubbing.
If it were mine I would make the adjustment, actually had to with my 265's.
Good luck,
Mike J.

·
Magicly Delicious
1,030 Posts
if you're going to trim the fenders anyway, you could get some offset wheels or wheel spacers.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Bene said:
if you're going to trim the fenders anyway, you could get some offset wheels or wheel spacers.
Bene,
Saw from your last post you are from Santa Maria, I live in Santa Barbara.
Do you get out wheeling much??
Mike J.

·
Magicly Delicious
1,030 Posts
Badger1 said:
With the spacers, would that leave enough thread to safely hold the wheel on? Where do you look for something like that?
the spacers bolt onto the place where the wheel bolts up, and theres studs for the wheels inbetween those bolts.

get them here but at that price, you could probably get some offset wheels.

I'll send you a PM Mike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.