Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I have owned my LR3 for a while. My wife and I wanted one for the longest time.
We bought one used, and since then I have done lots of maintenance,
All fluids changed, new tires, and lots of elbow grease. As noted in another post, my tranny pan is leaking and my fear is it will soon turn into a real money pit. It runs great! No issues at all. But I drive 20k miles a year. Thinking about a VDub tdi.
Am I just over reacting?

·
Returning Rover
123 Posts
Don't sell it. Everything needs maintaining. I regretted getting rid of my last Rover. I had a lot of fun with the Mini Cooper S but was very happy when I found my current Rover. I know never say never but I never want to be without a Rover again.

When LR came out with the LR3 LR said it was the most capable vehicle they have designed and built to date. You have one!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Britpart do a steel pan kit now as well.

VW's are no more reliable than your LR3. Is crap in the dirt and tight on interior space and a serious lack of power when compared to a Land Rover V8. The VW TDI gets better mpg though.

But sell it if you have any doubt. In six months once the "new car honeymoon" is over you will either feel good about your decision or be looking to swap again. Don't worry, they made lots of LR3's. You will be able to find a good one again when you come to your senses.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You've probably sold it already but I have nightmares about not having my Disco3. Had it 8 years and 120K miles - still love it, want nothing else. We've had so many adventures together (with the girlfriend too).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.