Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase my first ever Land Rover Discovery.......and I've been looking at 2003 and 2004 models. I recently read that the LR3 will be coming out at the end of the year. Will the price of the 2003 or 2004 Discovery drop enough to make it worth the wait? If so, when would be the best time to buy?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good question

I asked the same question on another board, but never did get much of an answer. I'm going to trade my 2000 SE7 in on an 04 if I can get a good deal.

I've heard that when the Series II Disco came out, the early 99 Series I trucks were discounted pretty heavily. Also, the last generation Range Rovers had some deep discounts when the new one hit. Maybe if we keep our fingers crossed we can save about $10,000 on an 04 :buttrock: .

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've heard that the LR3's are going to be priced around $45-50 for a starting price. If that's the case hopefully they will sell the remaining 04's at a discounted price. As far as 03 & 04 trade in's go we'll have to wait and see. I just know that the LR3's are now priced out of mine and I'm sure many other's price range.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Let's hope Ford can't stop the depreciation Factor!!!!!!!!! It's the only way we could have afforded a 2000 Discovery II:clap: :drive:

·
Registered
8 Posts
To wait or not to wait

It would be a good idea to wait for the LR3 to turn up to get a better discount on a D2. But the longer you wait the less D2 will be available and the less choice on color and spec. There are good discounts going at the moment in Australia and the stock of D2 are going fast. If you wait you might miss out. And remember the D3 will be in a different market so will not compete on the lower spec with the old D2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts