Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a Range Rover, however, it has those side steps/running boards on the sides of it. I am wondering if it is possible to take those off? (which I am sure I can). Also wondering how hard they are to take off?

Thanks for you help,
Rob

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
They are secured with either 4 or 6 bolts and are very easy to remove. You luck and enjoy your new truck,
Mike J.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Side steps off...

Hi,
I took mine off a few months ago, it only took half an hour per side.
Two side step supports each side of the vehicle with 3 bolts each. One of the securing bolts is also the tranny mount bolt, you dont need to undo this bolt all the way as the side step bracket has a slot at this point. So just need to remove the two short bolts & loosen the tranny mount bolt enough to slide the side step mount bracket out.
Good luck,
Andy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to just get back to you now. It is off a 2001 HSE. So I am guessing that it will not fit your Range Rover.

I also want to thank everyone for there replys on this. I am sure it will be easy to do now that I know what to look for

Thanks

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.