Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so a few weeks back, I did my oil pump, timing gears and chain, and water pump. Literally the last jackstand to finish the job, my dads friend, whos a mechanic in south america, decided to take if off the jackstand while i was in the restroom.... not with the full sized jack 10 feet away from him, but the jack withing reach, the bottle jack and a few pieces of 2x4's. he jacked it up at an angle and pushed the car forward, which made it fall off the bottle jack and he grabbed the jackstand and moved it away from the car to a spot were he thought was safe, litte to his knowledge he had ripped off my pressure transducer and pinched the heck out of a ace line off the valve block. Later We went to the dealer and got a new line, i got the sensor from a used rover with like 60k miles on it (wrecked in the front), we had to pay for it, since he was a family friend or whatever crap. So he puts the Ace line it, with a coupler, they only sold half length pipes, and he told me he bled the system, all I needed to do is to replace the sensor when it comes in, so i did that, cranked the car without the crank sensor in it so it wouldnt start, so the transducer could force the remaining air out, i did it air came out then some fluid. now when i start the car, it sounds fine. I have only driven around my short block in my neighborhood to just feel it out, it sways still and i can hear the pump kicking in like normal but it sways alot, feels like a delay or like maybe there IS air in there. when i make my normal turn into my drive way (i take a really wide turn, then cut in straight at the bump into my driveway) and the sound of my pump got loud, louder than normal, only at a hard turn. could that be from the coupler that was put in? Or is there air in it? I dont want to pay 200$ to get it bled unless i really have to.
ALSO, i just put a D1 cdl in my car, so the cab rides a tiny bit louder because of the big hole i had to cut to get it in.

sorry for the novel, i had to set the scene of my story.
Thanks guy,
Dane

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ALSO!!!!
My FOB key will unlock, but not lock? lol, i am very disheartened with this car, ive put alot of hours into it and i feel like the more i fix, more breaks, I still love the car, just a little disappointed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts