Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum, but have searched through the threads looking for some assistance so if this has been asked and answered before i apologise.

I am rewiring (one of) my 1961 SWB utes and are adding a few little extras along the way, like big reverse lights, driving lights, radio and such plus a FUSE BOX as she has caught fire without one before. The question is, to anyone out there who has rewired such a beast before, where is the best place to put the fuse box (8 circuit) and all the necessary relays to go with the d/lights, r/lights and the air horns (coz people don't see me!).

I want to keep it all nice and neat and tidy but accessible as well. Inside the cab seems to be out of the question with a heater (loose use of the word), extra gauges, remote heater and choke, etc. It seems that every restoring page or workshop site doesnt seem to mention a suitable place.

Any suggestions?

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
scubabob,

While I can't help you directly, I am sure some people will post some good suggestions. Also while I was at West Coast British they were completly rewiring an old Series truck. You might want to email Michael and ask...

Serg

·
Registered
317 Posts
Scubabob,
When I rewired my truck I purchased a complete new harness from British Wiring in Illinois. Now, it sounds that you're going down another path, which is fine, but really, there isn't much wrong with the stock setup, especially if you use relays (another thing that's on my todo list).

I'm not sure how much room is in your engine bay, but I don't have a heater in my truck and I have that big area on top of the passenger footwell. I've seen pictures of a number of trucks that have the wiring blocks in the same area of the original fuse block...but I'd say it would have to be on the firewall somewhere, the higher the better. Don't you have any free area by the parcel tray on the passenger interior?

Bogatyr

·
Registered
21 Posts
re fuse

i have a 69 ser 2a i put in a new fuse board in the engine bay on the firewall exhaust side its not got much over that side just below the bonnet/hood its easy to access and handy to fit :beer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.