Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, another quick question. Now when I press the central locking button on the key of my Discovery, the horn makes a single beep when it locks. I assume it's trying to tell me something, but I can't work out what, and having your landrover talk to you through a series of beeps is a bit like communicating with Lassie. So based on this I'm guessing it's trying to tell me something like either one of the doors isn't closed properly, or the twins are trapped down the old abandoned mine.

Anyone know what it means when it beeps like this?

·
Registered
709 Posts
According to the User Manual: "If passenger door or other aperature is not fully closed when the handset lock button is pressed, the alarm sounder or vehicle horn will sound once, indicating a mislock".

No need for a rope to help those kids :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ibjettin. I'll go and have another look, but I'm pretty sure all doors are closed. I didn't get a user-manual when I bought it, but I've ordered one and it will be here on Wednesday. Incedently they're also going to look at a fault with the catch on the glove box that keeps causing it to pop open. I wonder if an open glove box when it's locked would cause it to beep...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turns out that although all four doors were fully closed, the edge of the seat-belt was a little bit caught in the locking mechanism, causing a mislock. Simple things, hey.

Thanks for the welcome.

Just got back from my first decent run in the Disco (200 miles, mainly motor-way). What an amazing car! Now I just need to find somewhere where I can get my wheels dirty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.