Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was wondering if could get your thoughts on my suspension drop issue. It just started recently (best I can tell - this was the first time I let it sit two days without driving it).

I had my front end drop down quite a bit. My drive way has a very minor slope so I thought that might be it (sloped for water drainage so dang near level).

I pulled the 5 amp fuse under the hood and measured the drop over night (12 hours)

The front dropped:
1 1/14" on the driver's side
1" on the passangers

The back dropped:
5/8" on the driver's
1/4" on the passengers

The front dropping so much made me lean towards the valve block (based on what I have been able to read). However, the back did drop a little as well (could be the same issue on the back or seperate small leaks there).

I was wondering what you guys think? Height sensors need to be recalibrated (the driver's front is 1/4" lower than the passengers and normal height), dryer needs to be replaced, bag leak etc.

It is a 2006 SE V8. I have had it 1.5 yrs. The compressor has been replaced at some point before I purchased it. It could be out as well but it only runs 30 seconds or so on start up (probably due to suspension drop). It has 108,000 on it so far (24,000 from me).

I also installed the tactical rovers underbody protection (sliders and skids) last weekend. I don't think I messed anything up installing them but it is another 400lbs.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any thoughts on valve black vs equal leaks on something else for both sides?

Would this indicate the dryer and exhaust valve instead? Did I pull the only fuse that I need to pull or should I disconnect the negative lead overnight?

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
207 Posts
Someone more knowledgeable will chime in I'm sure, but I doubt you have an equal leak on both fronts and possibly the rear all at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts