Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good day y'all

Could someone tell me what size the oil pan bolt is?? IE"" the drain plug" Iwanna start doing my own maintance Last time in for change they didint even grease it LOSERS.. And what are your recommendations on changing it.. I do mine every 2000 Its a 95 disco 3.9 auto.. And anything Else i should look for on general maintance when I do my oil changes .. Thanks all you guys are a life saver..

Eric

· Registered
14 Posts
The oil drain bolt on my '94 3.9 disco is 17mm. I have found that most work on the discos is pretty easy and does not require a whole lot of tools. I wait 'til around 3000mi to change mine, but no vehicle ever fail because the oil was changed too often. Not a bad idea to check brake pads and front end parts at that time.

billmcweld

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Don't forget the power steering and brake fluids, they burn also and need to be done every 20 to 25,000 miles.
Mike J.

· Registered
178 Posts
lube points?

okay, where are the lube points on this vehicle. I can't find any. I see all the linkages and there's little the boots to keep the grease in, but there's no grease fittings that i can tell. any help is appreciated.

· Registered
48 Posts
billmcweld said:
The oil drain bolt on my '94 3.9 disco is 17mm. I have found that most work on the discos is pretty easy and does not require a whole lot of tools. I wait 'til around 3000mi to change mine, but no vehicle ever fail because the oil was changed too often. Not a bad idea to check brake pads and front end parts at that time.

billmcweld
The drain plug on my 2000 is 15mm, so I guess it depends on the model year.

· Registered
178 Posts
okay, what's the oil capacity. I just changed my oil and it appears to be about 5 qts, although i could swear I read somewhere it was 7qts.

sorry for all the simple questions, i've got the service manual on order. so they should stop soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.