Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in starting a LR club in SJ. I ran a GTO club with my father for years, i did the newsletters etc, it was a blast. I just want to be a low key club organize some rides and get the trucks doing what they should be doing. I love it when you get someone out there who has never driven their LR off the pavement.
Let me know if there is anyone close to Cherry Hill that wants in?

·
2,986 Posts
This has been talked about a lot in the past, you can check out this section of muddy oval, http://www.muddyoval.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19, which had a lot of info on it..

Basically, we decided not to start another club.. Stick with joining ROVERS.. there are a ton of reasons, but the most apparent is, we don't have enough land in NJ to wheel at... also, for the most part, people aren't willing to meet for "non-wheeling" events.

As for wheeling events, we have a good amount of them independently... I usually get about 10-15 trucks down to the pine barrens... and we ended up with 21 at Rausch Creek in November.. so people will come.. theres no point to organizing it into a club.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We did agree to have some get togethers, though. Many of the ROVERS members are located in PA, but quite a few of us are in the NY/NJ Metro area. We have to get together and plan some get togethers (Ryan, remember Hooters??? :D) in the near future.

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
How far are you guys from New Haven county CT ?

I would like to get together for some off-road event .
I tryed asking people in CT , but Every one is busy etc..

I want to see how far i can go with out braking anything :) .

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
TsiArt said:
How far are you guys from New Haven county CT ?

I would like to get together for some off-road event .
I tryed asking people in CT , but Every one is busy etc..

I want to see how far i can go with out braking anything :) .
TsiArt,
How far are you from Danbury? I am down there alot to visit my father and family. If you know of someplaces for an off-road newbee maybe we could get together to break my disco in sometime.

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
apbtpetey said:
TsiArt,
How far are you from Danbury? I am down there alot to visit my father and family. If you know of someplaces for an off-road newbee maybe we could get together to break my disco in sometime.
Sorry but I don't know any places . This is one reason why I want to meet with someone .

One of the places we go wheeling, Paragon (In PA), is about 3h45m from New Haven, CT.
If it's only that much of distance then I need to get together with you guys .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.