Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A trio of Discos at Slaughterhouse yesterday. Trail was still pretty wet. Grat fun had by all and nothing broke. My friend Bri is in the white DI. I'm in the Green Disco Beast testing the new suspension. My buddy Brian (not to be confused w/ Bri) is in the stock DI. Aside from getting stuck in a pretty deep mudhole, Brian ran the entire trail like a champ without breaking anything. A true tribute to the capabilities of this vehicle in stock form, and the abilities of a strong driver to pick a line.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's one of Brian in stock Disco stuck--- if you use your stock tie-down as a front recovery point, expect to get pretty dirty when that sucker's submerged in mud. As usual the pics don't do it justice but his post-recovery jeans tell the tail :D Funny thing is before he left, his wife gave him 2 'wet-naps' from TGI Friday's & said, "here, in case you get dirty" :lol:

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cellulararrest said:
Your truck can really flex, huh? Looks like a good trail. Mix of tough ruts and straight mud.
SG Stage III suspension. Insane flex,,,more than the DII can really take advantage of w/ the watts linkage in back but the front is pretty free; eats up moguls. Wish I had some mogul pics. Very high ride to clear 33's with a tons of room. But the high ride gave me sphincter-clinching moments :eek: on some severe off-cambers near the end of the trail,,,reach out-&-touch-the-ground-style. Always a trade-off. Bri in the white D1 is using RTE dislocation cones which give him solid flex w/ a slightly lower ride height. Good on off-camber, but bad in that he can't run much larger tires & has little room between top of tire & fender/wheel well. I figure if I roll he can upright me, and if he high-centers I can get him out so it's a good mix. He's locked up front & rear with GBR axles, RTE tie-rod & arms,,,rock-solid. He rolled over everything & made it look like a Sunday stroll. Great guys to go wheeling with. I'll post the next trip we do under "West Coast USA" if anyone in Colo is interested. Also see soluhullsociety.org for events. We did this one as alternative to still-snow-covered Spring Creek but the Spring Creek pics are now up on the club website.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Searcaigh said:
Excellent pics, just goes to show how awesome the Disco really is.
I have to admit I was surprised at how well Brian did. Also I had always thought that the stock 'tie-down'/front recovery point on a Disco was not a safe recovery point. I was picturing a shackle flying at my rear window at top speed,,,,but it held. Only problem is you have to dig deep to attach it when the front-end is in the muck. It's gotta be the most capable & versitile stock rig on the road today,,,w/ possible exception of the Rubi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.