Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for rocks sliders, and the ones I was looking at are 1/8th in steel, and from what I've heard, 1/8 in is too small and will bend. Can anyone confirm this and/or make a suggestion about good sliders.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
I have a 92 RRC and am building my own.. I have seen the rockware slider take some serious abouse here in Colorado....I know quite a few people that have them..of course the company is here where I live!!!!!!! Ask Silver Streak about them....He know first hand what they can do!!

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Funrover said:
I have a 92 RRC and am building my own.. I have seen the rockware slider take some serious abouse here in Colorado....I know quite a few people that have them..of course the company is here where I live!!!!!!! Ask Silver Streak about them....He know first hand what they can do!!
Hey, how heavy are those ones you are building? I am going to need a really light pair for the Baja Rangie. How much is it costing you to build them? PM me bro.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Rover Nick said:
I am looking for rocks sliders, and the ones I was looking at are 1/8th in steel, and from what I've heard, 1/8 in is too small and will bend. Can anyone confirm this and/or make a suggestion about good sliders.
Min.3/16th." is a must, I had mine build from 1/4X2X4 and they have taken alot of crrap from my bad judgements while off the road.
I have seen SG sliders bend so bad you couldn't open the doors on DII after a day of twisting thru the rocks.
RoverTyme ibuilds a strong pair, I just could never get used to their looks, I like the 2X4 look much better.
Good luck,
Mike J.

·
MG
771 Posts
I'm going to have some fabricated here (shipping makes a purchase prohibitive). Disco Mike, do you have a pictures of yours?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
me.guevara said:
I'm going to have some fabricated here (shipping makes a purchase prohibitive). Disco Mike, do you have a pictures of yours?

MG,
Mine look just like the one that Expedition Exchange sells, so I am sending you their web site. /www.expeditionexchange.com/slickrockfab/
If this works for you and you want more information or pictures, get back to me and I will send you some of my pictures also.
Here is my e-mail if you want to get back to me.
[email protected]
Good luck,
Mike J.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.