Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Slight Vibration

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Disco Mike 
#1 ·
Recently I changed my front driveshaft I now notice a slight vibration at 75+ mph. Any idea what can be the issue? 2000 D2 110,000 miles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
Who's shaft did you buy, did you grease all the fittings prior to installing it and have you checked your roto-flex for failing?

#3 ·
I purchased a Toddco driveshaft in June of 2011. After the install, it seemed I felt a very slight vibration, but it felt more like a wheel that was off balance. I don't drive my truck that often, so I never really looked into the source of the vibration. I greased the shaft at each oil change.

Well, two years later, the vibration had grown slightly worse. I had been suspecting the drive shaft for the last year (thinking it wasn't balanced properly). In the last two weeks the vibration grew in intensity substantially. I took the truck to a local drive shaft shop and sure enough, two u-joints were completely shot and the shaft was out of balance.

That pretty much put the final nail in the coffin for Toddco products for me.

#4 ·
You are not the first, or last person to say that.
Grease both drive shafts every oil change or 5000 miles, including the slip shaft on each drive line.

#6 ·
Call them back and let them know what is happening, they should be able to help you.
By the way, that is great drive shaft , built in Utah by a fairly well known drive shaft co.

#8 ·
Probably not a bad idea. Let us know what you find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.