Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Experts
It's a 2000 discovery 2. Rear won't raise. New air bags, new sensors, new compressor w/ valves etc. I have nanocom diagnostic reader. It reads no error codes even though dash light is on. It shows only 0.2V to left sensor and the correct 5 to right. When I disconnect plug to sensor it reads 5 V-plug it in goes back to 0.2. Nanocom shows door switches working, but once and only once it showed 'short g' for 'plip signal'. I'm at a loss. Every time I order parts it takes more than a month.
Any ideas?
I read once disco mike encouraging someone not to scrap the sls but ....

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Dear Experts
It's a 2000 discovery 2. Rear won't raise. New air bags, new sensors, new compressor w/ valves etc. I have nanocom diagnostic reader. It reads no error codes even though dash light is on. It shows only 0.2V to left sensor and the correct 5 to right. When I disconnect plug to sensor it reads 5 V-plug it in goes back to 0.2. Nanocom shows door switches working, but once and only once it showed 'short g' for 'plip signal'. I'm at a loss. Every time I order parts it takes more than a month.
Any ideas?
It was probably me. I would usually still try and convice you to do it, but it sounds like you've got a lot of money tied up in this, so you might as well try to sort it out. On that note though, I'm sorry I can't help you out. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Find a shop that has Rover SLS software,your scanner can't read the SLS codes.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
If you are going to be living down there you had better buy yourself a Hawkeye that is built to handle all Disco codes and problem.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I live in remote costa rica. You are my hope.
Seen the 5 V thing before?
Well, I've changed my mind. Based on your situation, I would convert to springs IMMEDIATELY. Seriously. Inexpensive, easy and will never let you down. Figuratively and literally. You can probably find someone on one of the LR forums putting a lift on their Disco and would let you have their old springs.
- Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks but I don't have access to a Hawkeye or springs.
Is anyone experienced with electrical issues? Are there any relays that are suspect? Could a bad connector create a voltage drop like described? And I can't understand why the workshop manual has no wiring diagrams.
I bought this car for my wife to be safe crossing rivers.... It seems Land Rover makes a car rugged enough to get you into remote places but not reliable enough to get you out.
That said, I will find the problem and fix it- any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everything is working at the moment! The right sensor has 5.02V(as always) and the left sensor now has 4.85 V. This has happened before. Is there anything I can test when it is working properly?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Land Rover manuals available here.

Land Rover Manuals

Discovery II Electrical Circuits, Discovery II Electrical Diagrams and Discovery II Electrical Library are available for free download.

·
Computer Nerd
802 Posts
If you are going to be living down there you had better buy yourself a Hawkeye that is built to handle all Disco codes and problem.
He's got a nanocom. It will do pretty much everything the hawkeye will do an more.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Computer Nerd
802 Posts
Dear Experts
Any ideas?
Did you calibrate after replacing the sensors? Since you don't have access to the rover block like a dealer would, you can just put a floor jack under the trailer hitch and get the height to what it says in Rave and tell nanocom to calibrate the SLS.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.