Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 series 11 TD5 and have just had an interesting time with my local LR dealer - and would like any informed comments etc

The problem was that after about an hour driving the SLS compressor would shut down and the back end drop to the bump stops - after waiting for 30-45 minutes the compressor would work again and all was fine - for the next hour !

I took it to the dealer who after I insisted put it on the Testbook and found a compresor overrun fault - they replaced the compressor - but after another visit decided it was the left hand airbag and then relpaced that ! It now appears to be ok. All extremely expensive!

I demanded the old compressor and would like to know how to have it tested and is there a market for reconditioning.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That is the first that I have heard that problem. Interesting, I would like to know if you find out anything as far as if the compressor was bad or not, and if there was anyway top recondition it...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.