Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· rovering??
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok
its time to get new tires i am getting 235/85/16

the question arises
about the spare tire.... should i keep it stock? because i dont want to put it on the roof rack nor do i want to make another mounting bracket on the rear... any ideas? firs of all thill the 235's fit in the stock spare location?...i guess not if yes let me know...
and is it ok to run a smaller tire on one side for about a few miles before i replace it with the regular 235's

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
It will fit.....but it is extremely tight...And you loose the rear cover all together....

· rovering??
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
llesra said:
your best bet would be a swing away carrier.
i was wondering about that
but the only thing is that i have to get that too.. ill be burning a hole through my pocket whith the 5 tires if i am getting all 5and above that ill have to get another swing away carrier..
but one positive thing would be that i get more room in the trunk...

· Registered
1,744 Posts
If you have an onboard air compressor, you can dispense with the spare if you get a tire repair kit, that contains 'tire turds + glue'. Most punctures are usually small and easily fixed on or off-road. You could also carry a couple of cans of tire inflator 'gunk'. If your going to do serious off-road, just hope you don't rip out a sidewall, although if your carefull this is unlikely to happen. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.