Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the heater in my ser 2a is gone off the boil it will only work in the slow speed and i mean slow any body know if you can get them rewound or is it worth it or maybe the condenser is gone?if so why is it still working in one speed ie slow [spelt stop if you get my meaning]if you can help feel free to slag me off for being thick or just ignorant if it gets the heater fixed im fine with it :mad: :mad:

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
The problem could be the motor, or the dash switch. I couldn't say for sure on your side of the creek, but over here, the motors can be had from Rovers Down South or Rovers North. Same with the switch. RDS did have whole heater cores a while ago, check his website.http://www.roversdownsouth.com/. Motor surely will cost less than rewinding. The motor is pretty much a standard size, so you could probably find replacements from other period trucks, that had two speed windings

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re

not the switch i tried the direct approach and it worked on one speed only i will check out the new motor option dont suppose you know a part number the sherpa motor is the same but they are called convoys over here :)

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
re smiths

:drink1:got that sorted got a motor off a sherpoa van straight in an a bit of mod on the fan working perfect
thanks all :drink1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.