Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brand new discovery 5 started blowing smoke after driving while in park. Land Rover are saying it is normal it has happened on 4 occasion my car was delivered on December 19th 2017 on 23rd January it blue smoke out of the exhaust and since then I have basically had it for 8 days here or there every time I get it back it happens again (I have it back for 2 days at a time) and they can’t make it happen they are saying that it is the DEF system and that it is steam. The smoke smells toxic my kids think the car is going to explode! It makes my hous and garage smell for at least 30min after the car is turned off. Has anyone had this problem? i Have a video but it’s too big to attach!

·
Super Moderator
2,009 Posts
I have read that they have had some issues with regenerate functions and D.E.F. Fluid consumption.
Not sure how it is that they cannot reproduce it.
Have they questioned your driving routines /habits?
Unfortunately the excitement and status of owning a first year model sometimes with the agrivation of the manufacturer working some of the "bugs out"

·
VW Dieselgate beneficiary
85 Posts
My brand new discovery 5 started blowing smoke after driving while in park. Land Rover are saying it is normal it has happened on 4 occasion my car was delivered on December 19th 2017 on 23rd January it blue smoke out of the exhaust and since then I have basically had it for 8 days here or there every time I get it back it happens again (I have it back for 2 days at a time) and they can’t make it happen they are saying that it is the DEF system and that it is steam. The smoke smells toxic my kids think the car is going to explode! It makes my hous and garage smell for at least 30min after the car is turned off. Has anyone had this problem? i Have a video but it’s too big to attach!
By "blowing smoke," what do you mean? Is it a thick cloud of smoke? What color is the smoke? Is it continuous or is it just a puff as you move off the line? Is it after your stop/start re-starts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts