Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
very disco
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snagged a snorkel for $100 on Craigslist. Dude didn’t install it because the provided template didn’t even match the bolt holes on the snorkel itself.

it took a few hours of cutting/test fitting, but I got it on of my own accord!

Reactions: V50_M66

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
362 Posts
Looks awesome! Gotta do something about those plastic fender flares tho - the fancy new snorkel really highlights how discolored they are.

·
very disco
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha I painted them last year with this rubberized coating. I immediately noticed the disparity and now my plastics are all dressed and shiny too

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
362 Posts
Ooh that looks awesome. My flares could only dream about looking that good haha. I ripped my flares off about a month ago since they were so far gone, and I love the simple, old school plain metal look, but that color match and contrast is awesome, especially on a white truck. Mines black, so not having the plastic flares looks far better imo - if they aren’t super deep black, they just look like a cheap afterthought. They work well on lighter colors though, and I do love the Stormtrooper-esque vibe you have going on with yours

·
very disco
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah… I ripped my flares off and strongly considered leaving them off, but the paint was lightly pitted in some areas where they had been contacting without tape. It was noticeable enough (to me).

I used some rubberized texture paint after sanding them down with 100 and my orbital, and they look great, but they need regular conditioning to keep that black coloration.

I searched high and low for my white on black D2, and had to settle for an 03 because an 04 was nowhere to be found /-:

it’s very Spartan tho, and I appreciate it greatly!

Reactions: V50_M66
1 - 6 of 6 Posts