Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
very disco
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been doing a lot of reading about the various snorkels available. The generic Chinese ones are very well reviewed with no apparent disadvantages compared to the $350+ safari snorkels.

well the one disadvantage is that they come from abroad and shipping is either expensive as heck or slow as heck.

I am looking at bringing over 10 in one fell swoop if there’s any interest. The end cost to stateside buyers would be $150+shipping.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, there is a thread here about this. The gist is that the Chinese built snorkel did not fit and had to be significantly modified.

·
very disco
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm. I must’ve missed that thread, but I found tons of threads across numerous LR forums where folks said the fit and finish was great.

hope I’m right, I just ordered 10 lol

·
Expert Crate Digger
248 Posts
I've always like the Mantec snorkels. SouthDown does a great copy of the original Disco 2 Mantecs at a great price but alas they are here in England and prices are in pounds ...
Southdown Discovery2 Snorkel

·
very disco
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i could never understand the mantec snorkel... i really like the safari style. i'll be the first to admit that the big black tube mounted to the fender may become a hindrance in the brush, but it looks so freakin mean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts