Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an issue with my Disco2; snow tends to build up along the bottom of the front windscreen- so much that after a while the wipers simply ride over it. As more snow builds up, the wiper rides up, and soon it no longer is wiping the window. Blasting hot air at the window (defroster) doesn't seem to clear it, in fact it seems to get worse. Any suggestions? Would that Rain-X stuff help? Thx

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Get DI wiper arms. Then you can put in aftermarket snow-specific wiper blades. Not sure if this will help your specific problem but will give you more blade options.

Best bet, though expensive, would be to get the DII heated windshield. It's an investment,,,but makes a huge difference in cold weather climates.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SCSL; I forgot to mention I do already have the heated front windscreen. What seems to happen is the heat melts the snow a little, turning it into a sort of icy snow that's too hard for the wiper to push, so they ride over it. But I like the idea of replacing the arms; wiper blades for them are cheaper, too, I think.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Those windshields are like 750 big ones after market so your stoked you already have one.
I have heard a lot about the D1 wipers. I think once you replace them, all will be cured.

I dont deal with snow, but my D2 wipers suck so bad, I think Im changing them anyway.

They cant even clear bug carcass debri :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.