Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what snowtires to get for an LR3 V8 SE (18in rims)? The tires I've been able to find for the OEM size: 255/60/18 are pretty limited - I haven't found a real snow tire - ie severe snow service requirement labelled. Could I put 265/60/18 on the LR?

The OEM Wrangler tire that's on the LR3 handles poorly in the snow. I just switched from a Touareg with Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires which was unbeatable in the snow. I hope I can find tires that will make the LR3 just as good - or better :lol:

· Forward!
2,319 Posts
It looks like Nokian tires will be making a 255/60-18 snow tire for SUV's. I have run the Hakka's on a couple of my Subaru's and I love the tires. Compared with Bridestones offering the Hakka's beat them hands down and they won't wear out after one or two seasons. Drop by your local Nokian dealer and find out what is going on with the production of that size tire or check them out on line.

· Registered
47 Posts
Size-wise you shouldn't have any problem fitting the 265/60/18s on an LR3. Elsewhere someone has said that they fitted 285/60/18s on their '3' with no problems even while doing circles at 'access height'. Those are close to an inch taller than your 265s would be.

The general consensus on the stock wranglers seem to be negative.

· Registered
14 Posts
Anyone managed to acquire any Nokian WR SUV 3s in USA or Canada yet ? Just wondering what you think ? Considering them as an all year round tire for my LR3. Nokian web site seems to suggest they are more winter biased than WR G2 SUV... I don't want winter only tires.

· Registered
10 Posts
I just bought a set of the nitto terra grapplers last week. We'll see how they do. I chose not to get the grabbers because for some reason in that size they come with a warning that they are not rated for heavy snow. I also got the stock size, mainly because I plan on using the LR3 to tow the defender, and I didn't want to reduce the braking with an oversized tire (even if it would be minimal).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.