Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I come from a street import racer comunity that we keep our cars clean ( no body kits, no wings , no stikers of any kind ) just pure horse power and handling.

Now since This is more of a pimp style ride . I want to sway just a little into the so called rice.

What I want to do is have the rear Land Rover Logo on the back door glow yellow ( gold ) . I've seen it before on Fords etc...

The reason is that my logo fell off , and just in time i caugt it from loosing it ( it was barly haning on with what ever the glue it had left ) .

So I was going to scratch the back of the logo to have it thansparent and make up a panel from Yellow LED's from work , and wire that in the licence plate light , So when lights go on the logo will too.

But At the same time I don't feal like doing all this work if I can buy it for like $20 or so .

Now dose anyone seen anything like that ?

Oh and it's for a Disco II

Thanks, Art

·
rovering??
689 Posts
hey TsiArt
i am not aware of any such logo but it sure sould look good.
but i would say save your money youll need it ...for all the other minor things that you will bee to fixed.

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah there is couple things That I need to fix on the truck .

But I need time to fix them , and not much of money .

Now I dono what do you mean by minor things ?

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
A backlit Logo....

Nope, you're the first to ask. I think you might want to look around,especially in the UK stores. There are replacement logo panels for the Discovery you can pry out with a screwdriver. You then have to do the wiring but the license lights are right there , so no problemo.

I saw a florescent decaled spare tire cover on eBay that reflects the light back to those motorists behind.

I think it would be cheaper or different if you took a soft or hard rear tire cover and make the Land Rover Logo on it and have it then backlit.

I am also looking at those rear bars that go in the crack of the tailgate for something different. I would like to see, like I did on the last car, some angel-eyes but those Land Rover beams are hard to find and then customise those beams with the rings.

Those badges tend to make the car look cheap than enhance it.

You wanna impress.....do some surround lighting when you open the door and do theatre fade lighting on and off when you done riding it.

Land Rovers are different - they can do with some surround lighting not extra lighting in the badges.

Adam in NYC :drive: :drive:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.