Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought the truck into the dealer as I had been getting a nice vibration between 70-75MPH and the gearcase whine had increased to a rather annoyiing level.

Just got a call back from them.. The good news, the drive shaft is perfect. The bad news.. the transfer case is shot.. So.. I'll get to use my lovely extended warranty package on this one! Since it is a 'high' dollar figure repair, they needed to call the extended warranty people and they will issue an inspector to come out to inspect it. Needless to say, I won't have my truck back until next week. I am rolling in a very nice 2005 LR3 and I am starting to like these things more and more each time I have one. Only downside is that these loaners are not equipped with trailer light wiring.. guess our weekend outting on the river is out since we can't tow our boat.. :(

I tried to get them to install a new version transfer case with the CDL nipple on it.. but I doubt that is going to happen... :(

· Banned
527 Posts
So is the vibration from the TC or just the whine? Seems to me the whine would be more "shaft" related.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.