Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helloo :wave:

I hope you don't mind if I ask for some help in what asking price would be resonable for selling my Landy.. I have no idea and don't want to get ripped off.

I have a Series 3, hardtop, 2¼ Diesel, shortwheel ..X reg Landy that I have had for the last 3 years. Unfortunately I am having to sell her and have no idea what price to ask for.

She is in Great Condition for her years and the only major probs with her at the moment is a small hole under the passenger seat and being in need of a new fuel Tank.. other than that she is perfect with clean bodywork etc..She has been sat on the drive for over a year now too.. but has been kept clean and looked after.

I paid £1200 for her back in 2002 and just have no idea what a resonable offer would be for her now... I don't expect to get £1200 lol but I don't want to give her away.. so any ideas?...

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I can never keep straight which year is what letter, but Series Land Rovers are getting scarcer all the time, and for what ever reason, people seem to prefer the Series 3 over the 2A. In my mind, a 2A is a far more robust truck, without the frills of a pleather dash the inevitbly ends up looking like lasr weeks Times.
If you have a hole under the pass seat (the bottoms of the seatboxes are steel, not aluminum (aluminium)) Than I suspect you would find more rust if you really started poking like a buyer will. Check the rear crossmember, the frame where the crossmember joins, the outriggers, bottom of the bulhead, in the footwells and the posts where the big bolt goes to the frame.
With the popularity of Series trucks going up, not down, I wouldn't hesitatee to ask what I paid, if not more. Look in the classified sections of any of the 4 Land Rover magazines. FWIW (which isn't much) in the states, even being RHD, it would fetch in the mid 4 digits or higher.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks Terry .. She's 1981 reg.

I'm actaully in the UK !! I didn't realise untill I posted that your mainly USA *doh*..

Yes.. I thought about checking out the local Classifieds etc.. just to get an idea...

:)

· Series Moderator
506 Posts
s3

I would serious look at putting it through its MOTas you should get your money back,but if you leave it as it is it is worth very little £500 maximum nobody wants untested series vehicles as people are very wary of them.
ONz

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Mully said:
Thanks Terry .. She's 1981 reg.

:)
She's less than a year away from being eligible for importing into the US. Why don't you post a oicture of it in the vehicles for sale section of this forum. An 88 goes nicely into a 20' container. (with loads of space to fill up with 300 TDi engines and other goodies

· Registered
110 Posts
A Small hole under the passenger seat, (As long as its not the chasis) should be an easy fix, a bit of tread plat or some such bolted over it.

MOT~£45
New swb fuel tank ~£65

so for <£120 you can sell it a lot esier and get a much higher price, nearer and possibly more than £1k.

without that your lookng around £500-600.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks folks... I agree with you totally Lawnmower, however I did give a guy some dosh to remove the old tank and put on a new one and he basically screwd me over lol...The Landy is on my Mothers drive in another county now as I've moved out and Its too far away for me to just nip over and sort things out... The guy whos interested in a Landy Dealer doer upper !.. and I'm prepared to take a loss.. I just don't want to take too much of one ! ;)

Thanks for all the advice... xxx Mully

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.