Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the mini bulb lights in the front and rear dome light this past weekend. When I replaced the one in the front, the dome light, both front and back don't turn on anymore. Also my new radio unit does not work now as well. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Are they connected? I checked the fuses and they were all good. Please help!

· Registered
12 Posts
Well, now. I'm looking for advice on exactly the same issue. i replaced the bulb in the front dome light, and now neither front nor rear will function, and the radio is dead. ( Well, mostly dead. The stock cd changer under the passenger seat cycles as if looking for a disc to select, until I switch the radio on and off again, and then it stops.) All fuses test fine, including the one in the rear of the radio. Please post your findings. I'm stumped.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the fuse on "satellite 1". I can't remember which one it was exactly but when I found out which one had gone bad, it had nothing to do with the radio but somehow does. Gotta love british wiring! Let me know if that helps you out!

· Registered
12 Posts
I pulled every fuse one by one and tested them with ohmmeter. All checked good, and I used the voltmeter to check there was power to each fuse socket. All checked OK. still no dome lights OR radio. No power to light contacts or fuse on rear of radio. I Downloaded the RAVE file with electrical schematics--rechecked all the involved connections and appropriate fuses (again) All checked good, but still no power to radio or lights. Rechecked fuses again a couple of days later, and found a slight wavering in the continuity of one (seemingly unrelated) fuse. I replaced it, and the lights and radio lit up. The culprit=trailer/aux, fuse 6, satellite panel 2. The fuse I took out looked fine, and then I smashed it with a hammer.

· Registered
149 Posts
Fwiw, in a 95 classic, the fuse is #5 satellite 2 for the radio. My domes are still out so not sure what's going on there. And be careful, do not push the fuse in too hard on sat 2 because the whole fuse bar will push off the main fuse board. Then you have to remove the lower access panel to push it back on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.