Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was driving my d1 today a little faster than the speed limit, taking corners way fast trying to get my disco to drift (yes i know Top Heavy) but i am a fairly skilled driver, and i couldnt get it to skid. on one corner i felt the abs kick in and got it up on 3 wheels, but no skid.

my brakes do need replacing (on and off red brake light at normal driving)

So is my disco seriously that amazing that it can hold traction even at tight corners when i was forcibly applying brakes and taking corners at +40mph or is it just because i need new brakes.

also earlier today i was doing 75mph down a 4 lane road trying to catch up to a saleen and porsche (yes i know bad idea but its a long story) and some lady pulls out of a parking lot right in front of me (we are both dipshits) and i basically slammed on the brakes but no skid. and i was able to stop a reasonably good distance behind her and then she cut me off again after we turned onto another road and i pulled up next to her on another road gave her some fingers and words, whole nother story.

so is my discos traction just that amazing? my old truck could get into a skid going like 20mph around a corner, but then again it did have pretty bad tires.

and it was a ford.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Wait until it is soaking wet out, mine will slide a bit if I turn and slam the throttle down when the road is wet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discos are great, I sometimes take turns at 50mph, and the disco has really good traction and stability. I don't do it at purpose but once you make one and see what the truck does, it's good. Really well built vehicles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts