Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people,

Have gon through old posts and can't find one that answers this question. I'm looking to see what the widest tyres width you can fit onto Landrover 16" wheels. I'm looking at the BFG ta/KO and think that i can only go to 225, but would like wider if i can get it on.

Sorry for boring poeple with tyre posts, but it would be good to know.

Cheers

Dave :buttrock:

· Registered
1,506 Posts
da-hughes said:
Hey people,

Have gon through old posts and can't find one that answers this question. I'm looking to see what the widest tyres width you can fit onto Landrover 16" wheels. I'm looking at the BFG ta/KO and think that i can only go to 225, but would like wider if i can get it on.

Sorry for boring poeple with tyre posts, but it would be good to know.

Cheers

Why only 225? You can easily run 265s and up to 285....

Do you mean the "widest" tire w/o rubbing or lifting your vehicle? You can run a 265 w/o a lift just by pushing out your bottom rear 1/4 panels, no trimming needed.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,

Cheers for replying. The widest i have seen on a freelander is 225 on a 16" rim. Think that was with a 70 profile. i assume that would stay the same even if the width went from 225 to 235 or above. I was worried if the alloys could take tyres as wide as this or if you would have to buy special alloys.

Cheers

· Registered
3 Posts
No problem w/ a 225/70/16 tire. Loaded and off-road there is no rubbing.

You can go up to a 225/75/16 w/o a lift and only get minor rubbing at full lock or on heavy loads. I've been told that the DAP lift kit eliminates the rubbing.

Here are my 225/70/16 BFG's (no lift, no rubbing):

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.