Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I had to have the front rotors, pads and calipers replaced on my 97 Disco SE7. The place that did the work always does a great job and is usually very good about not messing things up.

But, 2 days after they did the work I hear a clicking type sound coming from I believe the front driver side wheel area. Then it stopped and now a few days later it came back, but only after driving for about 1/2 hour. Today no noise as of yet. Anybody have any clues? I plan on taking it back to them, but with the noise coming and going not sure if they will be able to hear what it does.

·
Banned
527 Posts
Pads need proper shimming. What you are more than likely hearing is the backing of the pads clicking against the caliper. Very common problem with non OEM brake jobs.

·
Banned
527 Posts
It wont hurt anything other than your nerves. Yes, if someone else was paid to do the brakes, I would take it back and tell them that the pads need to be shimmed.

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
01001010 said:
I too have a pop that comes from the Driver-side when braking. When I press the pedal, about a second after I hear/feel a small pop. Is this the same problem you're having apbtpetey???
Sorry doesnt sound like the samething as what mine does. I get a clicking type sound. If I hit the brakes it stops.

I havent had time to take it back to the place. So I am just dealing with the noise. I cant hear it if the windows are up. I talked the place and they said just bring it in when I have time and they'll look at it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Noises

I have a 96 Disco that I found had no oil in the spindles causing noises in the front end. Cheaper to put in a little oil than most other things. God Bless the Southland.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Chris Hyde said:
Pads need proper shimming. What you are more than likely hearing is the backing of the pads clicking against the caliper. Very common problem with non OEM brake jobs.

i have the same problem...the inner brake pad is sliding, and clicking everythign the wheel goes around. If i get OEM brake pads, will it be fixed...or is a clip broken or something?

·
Jeffrey
24 Posts
Wheel Noise

Same here I found that the top bolt was not put on and it may have fallen off while driveing. I had it replaced. You might want to check and make sure that the bolts are tight. And Shimms may be you issue also. When metal get hot it expands.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.