Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying some of that sound proofing for the underside of the bonnet that is available. It is not expensive, and as such I doubt its effectiveness. Has anyone bout and fitted it. It cost around £40 and just sticks to the 4 or 5 areas under the bonnet (if that makes sense). I appreciate that the landy is never gonna be a quiet vehicle, and I am not expecting that, just interested in what difference it does make and whether I would be wasting my dosh. Look forward to hearing from anyone who has tried it. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
I have had similar in other vehicles!!!! It helps keep the heat in the winter time!!!! As far as sound goes...Dynamat is great stuff but pricey!!!! What are you trying to accomplish?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was just interested in how much noise it reduced. I am not overly bothered as I knew what owning a landy was all about before I bought it, and am not disappointed in any way, but if this 'cheapish' sound proofing worked I would probably buy it.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Don't know for sure on LR, but I had a 62 pickup with some sound dampner on the hood..It helped a little, but not untill I did the whole truck was there a good difference!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is a Soundproofing kit available for your Defender, which along with the usual stuff, includes things like soundproof "blankets" for the engine, bell-housing and gearbox. I've been told that the reduction in noise is amazing. I'm thinking of getting one for my V8 110 CSW.

Check out BJ Acoustics

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.