Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I might source replacement window channel seals and rubber door seals for my 2001 Disco II? A couple of them are giving me problems and I figure its better to get on them right now then wait until later. Checked some of the online stores, but can't find these trim items.

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
The door seals are actually updated so your more likely to fix your problem with a brand new LR one.

Anyway what exactly is your problem?

If the window channel is breaking then look for one but when you install them you end up making sure the door frame is correct and not of alignment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm getting some annoying air leaks when running down the highway. Want to quiet that up. Also, near the base of the window at the rear edge, I can see just a bit of light when the door is closed. When I take it through the car wash, a bit of water always squirts through. Same thing happens on the front passenger side door in the same spot, but not quite as bad.

With respect to the window channel seal, the rear passenger door seal at the back edge is not staying put in its track. Seems to slide down a bit (an inch or so) each time the window is opened. Makes a really annoying wind noise and I'm concerned about longer term effects of moisture making its way into the door. This is the one that I am most concerned about swapping out.

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
Door adjustment should be done first.

You can adjust the door striker by loosening up the bolt with t45 I believe and then hit with a hammer. Till the door is flush. If the door is loose then you might have problems with the hinges and they might need replacement.

But try door adjustment first.

If your not comfortable bring it to a reputable body shop. They can do the adjustments for you and advise you on the conditions. IF the noise is still there replace the door seal. Thats not hard to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.