Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am planning a few days away with some mates, my landie and a few cartons of beer. I would like to go driving and camping on the beach. I live in Brisbane and was thinking maybe Fraser or Rainbow beach. However, I dont really want to drive too far. Is there any where else, like straddie where I can camp on the beach and have a fire on the beach with out getting into troubl;e with the local authorities and tree huggers. Maybe Byron Bay or further south?
As I have only just finished rebuilding my landie, I am just a bit scared of going too far from civilisation in case I get into trouble.

Dick

·
Registered
238 Posts
Fraser on Straddie are both great places to visit. Both have there advantages
If you are worried about distances the I would opt for straddie there are still some paved roads more people if you get in to trouble and the ferry is cheaper. There is also a bretty good pud that goes off on a Sunday afternoon. :drink1:
But in my oppinion Fraser is by far better for a couple of blokes a lot of beer and fising rods, it is more remote and there are less families. It does have disadvantages like not being able to swim in the surf but there are still the champagne pools and the lakes to visit. And did I mention the fishing and off roading is better. :drive:
About Byron been there a couple of times but never really looked in to driving on the beach as I'm not sure that you can, I might be wrong though. It's also a great place to visit, but as wierd as it may sound ever time I go there I have found it to be a very comercial based alternative life style type of sceen if you know what I mean. This may just be me though or also the times that I visit. They also have a great pub on the beach that is worth a visit and the food there is just amazing burgers that fill the plate that leave little room for the salad and chips. :D
Adam

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice Adam
I opted for Stradie for the weekend. Just got back. All in all, it was a great escape, however, there was one major draw back, I buggered reverse gear, so I ended up only staying one night up mains beach, the rest at Ada Rock.
So now I am faced with the problem of rebuilding the gear box. Not to worry.
Catch you later,
Dick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts