Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a small land rover club for CT, RI and MA. My friends and I have been toying with the idea of starting a club that would initially be and hopefully remain free to join. The main purpose would be to organize small groups for off roading trips without all the hassle of big club outings with registration fees etc. The aim would be to use public lands such as power line roads etc. I know there are some pretty gnarly trails out there but we just have to know where to look. We'd like to keep it local and open only to land rovers. If anyone is interested let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in.

Colin
I'd be interested in some off roading. I've gone out with the Western Connecticut Rovers Club on occasion.
I think you'll find that the power lines are not open to our use, at least not legally. I'd be nice to go out with several people, I'm usually too chicken to attempt anything challenging by my self.

Greg H

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know of several areas where power line road useage is legal, as well as logging roads. I did a trip to central mass last month and we got permission from the town cops to go anywhere we wanted as long as there were no signs saying we couldn't. We drove for 2 days without doing the same trail twice. One truck blew a front axle and snapped a leaf spring so they were definately not trails for the faint of heart. Im pretty sure there are state parks that allow off road driving as well. Hopefully we will find enough areas to keep us busy and not do the same trails over and over again.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm about 30 minutes from the MA/NY border and would be interested in rides around here. My problem is time, free weekends are few and far between, but given enough advance warning, I should be able to clear a chunk of time.

I grabbed a few maps from the MA parks Dept and there appear to be some trails in the Savoy forest, ie Old Florida...I'm just not sure how a stock Series IIa can do on that kind of trail...

Supposedly there are some trails in Berlin NY, still trying to track them down. I also have to finish exploring the roads in the Cherry Plain State Park...nothing too exiting, basically dirt roads as far as I could see...didn't get too far though...

Bogatyr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts