Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With so many rip-offs out there I just wanted to post some positive feedback that might be helpful to someone else out there that was in my situation. I've got a 2000 Disco II. Long story short, the motor needed replacing. I almost got a used one from Southwest Engines. I've been told absolutely DO NOT buy from Southwest Engines. I've heard that they are so corrupt that even their own corporate lawyer is suing them.

I found a place in Washington State called Spalding Auto parts. They deal in a lot of Brittish cars. I got a low mileage good quality used motor from them. The price was way below other salvage yards as well. ($1450.00 for a long block) It was removed by the book (no cutting/hack job). Everything was capped/plugged & the motor was pressure tested (oil, coolant & compression) cleaned and shipped. I did freshen it up a bit with new oil pump gears, new timing chain and sprockets and of course replaced hoses, belts, plugs, wires ect. This thing runs smooth as glass. And unlike other salvage yards, the warranty is 6 months. I don't know if any folks out there have used them, but I am well pleased. I just wanted to pass this along as a good company. :)

Matt B.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts