Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all great forum.
I just recently purchased a 98 d1 and cant seem to find the key for the locking lug on the spare ? is it hidden somewhere? I did check in the tool kit that cames with it containing a shovel and cheap rope .. not sure if that was stock or not .. this vehicle has been tenderly pampered in it's life and the previous lady never changed a flat I am sure ..any more places to look?
If not any ideas on how hard to cut it off?

Thanks for the great knowledge on the site!

Chris

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same!!

Hi

Must be a Disco 1 problem! I recently purchased a 98 S1 Disco - 68ks - spare never off vehicle, jack never used and no key. Had to order a new one - cheap and does not require cutting.

All the best with your car

Regards

Ray

·
Registered
106 Posts
Darn, now I'm going to have to go pull the cover off my spare and see if it has a locking lug. The thought never even dawned on me.

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
actually the best thing to do is go to your local dealer and purchase new lugs nuts and have them remove the lock at the same time.

They will have a set of keys.

only other thing you can do is to get a grinding wheel and grind a big slot in it and chisel it off.

but you need to replace the lug nuts anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.