Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, can anyone fill me in w/ the info on the spark plug gap for a 97 Land Rover? i picked up a set of champions...they were out of the autolite reg's and platinums...thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Wish I could help you, why don't you call the auto parts store, they can pull that information up for you on their computer.
Mike J.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Spark's gap

According to my manuals, for '97 4.0 and 4.6 engines, you'll need RN11YCC Champion sparks with the following gap specification:
0.035-0.040 In. (0.90-1.00 mm.)

Good luck. :buttrock:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks KaliMan....i ended up doing .035..what i didnt even think about was the fact that i could have just checked the gap of the old spark plugs..lol..oh well. got them all out, and then realized AutoZone gave me the wrong size :rolleyes: oh well, its all taken care of now...now off to installing a WELDED Differential into the Nissan S13 (240sx) :D drifter style!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Be careful

A piece of advice:
Never thrust on the old spark's gap, they might change their original gap for electrical wear or abrupt temp changes, so u did good not making that mistake.
By the way, that diff will run great, next step could b a hardened springs and stabilizers.
Take care and good luck.
:buttrock:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahh...yes, that was actually done before the diff =c)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts