Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently replaced the plugs and wires in my 04 DII. I got the wires from the local land rover dealer. My problem is the cylinder 7 plug that goes on the bottom of the coil keeps coming off at the coil. When I try to push it back on it doesn't click in. All I can do is press it as securely as possible and move on. I've tried two different wires. Is there anything on the coil that can be causing this? I am just trying to avoid having to pull the coils out because I have a feeling that requires major amounts of parts removal.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I just recently replaced the plugs and wires in my 04 DII. I got the wires from the local land rover dealer. My problem is the cylinder 7 plug that goes on the bottom of the coil keeps coming off at the coil. When I try to push it back on it doesn't click in. All I can do is press it as securely as possible and move on. I've tried two different wires. Is there anything on the coil that can be causing this? I am just trying to avoid having to pull the coils out because I have a feeling that requires major amounts of parts removal.
I remember being unable to get a lot of "push" on those lower coil connections. You might try a little dialectric grease on the inside of the boot as well.
If that doesn't work, I would get an inspection mirror and check out that coil connection and make sure it's not cracked or broken and is clear inside.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will see what I can do visually with all the room down there lol I have a feeling I need to replace the coils anyways. it still has a small hiccup when its idling after new plugs and wires. Just double checking its possible to pull the coils without pulling the intake manifold? Ive looked it up but its always yes/no. Ill go off of my thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts