Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it mean when both the sport and manual mode lights flash at the same time and the engine wont start? (this is a 1999 Disco 2)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check your battery voltage, connections, and your grounds. Also search the forum. This subject is literally brought up weekly.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Your battery is disconnected. Used to happen to me when doing 30mph in the rock garden...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the battery is connected and fine; full charge; we have checked the forum everything they have mentioned isnt the problem so far. Grounds are all fine; ive hooked up a computer to it and reset the lights they are no longer on. Vehicle will try to start but not turn over. Were still struggling trying to get the thing running

·
Computer Nerd
802 Posts
the battery is connected and fine; full charge; we have checked the forum everything they have mentioned isnt the problem so far. Grounds are all fine; ive hooked up a computer to it and reset the lights they are no longer on. Vehicle will try to start but not turn over. Were still struggling trying to get the thing running
What do you mean try to start but not turn over? The way most people use those words they mean the same thing.

The flashing m and s means the transmission computer has detected a problem. It could be something like the xyz switch is out of adjustment or bad. I've seen weirdness with the BCU cause the lights too. Checking the codes with a land rover specific code reader will tell you exactly what the computer thinks is wrong.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
If you try to start the engine, are you saying the starter can't make the engine turn over or the engine turns over but won't start?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is his wife posting for him so sorry if all my terminalogy isnt acurate. What I mean by trying to start but not turning over is it reminds me of our old ford pickup when its sat for a little and its cranking trying to fire up but you have to pump the gas pedal a few times for it to start. Hope that helps. we've ran a Actron obd11 scanner on it with no codes showing up but it does say MIL ON; Catlyst; 02 sensor and I think a few others. I will hook it back up later today and write down whatever else it might say. Thanks for all your help; we really need to get this vehicle up and running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts