Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i cannot believe this, i just read in another post that gas mileage actually was better in sport mode. i don't see how this is possible considering the rpm's are allowed to go higher. does anyone have any hard proof of this being the case?

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Gas Mileage

I know of many people that have experienced the same the. While driving around town, your truck requires less throttle pressure to maintain speed or up shift if in Sports Mode or while driving out of overdrive.
This can be proven by driving with a scanner and reading some of the charts while driving.
Mike J.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Sports Mode

Sports mode works great for in town driving, but on the road, not mountain driving, let it shift uo into over drive to lower your rpm's.
Mike J.

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Do you guys have any ideas about it helping with large tires (265/75-16s)? I live in a mountanous area, so would it negate my savings/give me worse gas mileage.

I want to test but Im afraid of blowing a whole tank.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Sports Mode

I would think it would make a difference especially with your 265's. By running in sports mode you are lowing the shift points so the truck has an easier time pulling.
I would suggest you measure your next tank of gas, the less you are in the throttle the better the mileage.
Let me know how it goes.
Mike J.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.