Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a roof rack for my D90. I now want to install 4 spot lights across the front of this, however am concerned about the wiring aspect. It can't be that difficult, but I am after some guidance. Has anyone done this, or is anyone aware of a website giving really easy advice? Grateful for any advice anyone has. I am content for a separate switch to be fitted to operate them if that makes it easier than wiring into the main lighting circuit. Thanks.

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Check http://www.d-90.com/ forums, or perhaps discoweb.org, or expeditionexchange.com's forums or tech sections.

I have a DII, and will be running the wiring by having it line around the edge of the windshield up to the top. It is suprisingly steath and good looking when you do it with a disco/disco II, but im not sure about a d90.

· Registered
22 Posts
Gary, easiest thing to do is buy the Hella complete wiring harness spec'ed for the wattage you will run in lights. Theses come complete with instructions and color coded wires to make life easy. The only thin you may find is you will have to lengthen the power and ground wires going to the lights on your rack. This is easy to do, just buy some wire length, electrical tape and heat shrink butt connectors (crimpable).

Each relay'ed harness will operate two lamps.

If you want to get fancy, you could get a Defender aux lamp switch and use that. It won't really change your setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.