Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I really need some in put here!
I have finally decided to part ex my TVR Chimaera and Classic RR (1990) for a more up to date RR!!
It is a real wrench thinking of selling my TVR. The problem is that I just don't get the time to use it. I ride a Ducati and also have a speed boat - see the time problem now?
I bought the Classic to tow and launch the boat - I like it so much that I thought that I could "kill two birds with one stone" so to speake.

I have looked at a rather nice 4.6 HSE full leather (V) plate with average miles from and indy dealer at £12,500 and a 1999 2.5 DSE for the same money. Also looked at an (X) plate Black Vogue with Oxford leather for £17,000. Then along comes a black Westminster SE ( 2002) at £18,000!
I am a bit un sure about the 4.6 because of the fuel consumption issue.
Youe collective thoughts would really be appreciated.
Cheers
SPS

· Registered
114 Posts
Diesel.OK

In your case I would suggest the perfect one for you is the diesel engine ,It is a stronger engine and a lot less expensive in fuel.
I have two HSE 4.6 and one diesel and I love my diesel never had any problem with it .( on the other ones either ) just normal maintenance
Range Rover are very temperamental some never have any problems and others with no reasons at all have all the problems .I am sure you will get a good one ..
Saludos cordiales
Pascal

· Registered
3 Posts
Getting about 19mpg from my 4.6 on LPG and at less than half the cost of petrol I can afford to run it. Had mine for about 5 months now and really glad it came with a warranty because a head gasket has just gone (about £800 to do both heads). Paid £13000 including a whole lot of after market extra's (Sat Nav, TV's, DVD, PlayStation etc.) for mine. £50,000 worth of car for £13,000 after 6 years - Someone's crying but it aint me!!!! :D :bawling:

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Westminster

:wave: Hi Guys,
Many thanks for your thoughts.
Well......
I have gone and bought the Westminster - what a nice bit of kit- love it.
Got the dealer to put about a grands worth of extras on it such as new tyres/new tow bar/new set of floor mats and repaint stone chip areas.
On the fuel consumption front I'm averaging 17.7 mpg. As the TVR was using similar amounts of fuel and it's only for the weekend I'm happy.
Take care
Cheers
SPS

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
I am personally love the RRC.... But i really like my parents 1997 4.6 RR...I'd say for towing get the RR 4.6 The P38 has more towing ability and will not disappoint. My parent pull a 30' All season camper all over the USA and have not had any problems... here are some pics

Looks like I was too late...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.