Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This problem relates to a 04, TD5, manual box.
When depressing the clutch peddle it squeaks. It is quite difficult to reach from the under side and I wondered if it’s accessible from the engine compartment.
I tried the gynie approach and stuck a wad of silicone grease on the ends of my fingers to try and lubricate the pivot points and rod but as this is all done by feel I can't be sure I got to the right places.
It’s still squeaking so I guess I must be doing something wrong.
Any ideas as it's driving me mad?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Go back to the dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like a rusty inner pivot.
If that's the case, it'll b not 2 serious, but that noise can drive u mad in seconds.
When I find this problem, I spread a little bit of spray grease (silicon type chain lube is good) with a straw applicator on the can, u've 2 b careful of not spreading grease in the clutch pack (I mean very careful)
U've 2 apply the grease in every friction point, sometimes u'll need to reach some of them that r inside the bell housing, so u may need a very long straw.
Just a bit of grease will b enough, just try 2 get it away from the clutch pack.(Very important)
Anyway u can lube the paddle assembly, just in case.

Good luck. :buttrock:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Every squeaky clutch pedal i have done so far has been either the the return spring on the pedal or the pedal box. Large flat blade screwdriver to ease the spring to one side a little and a long thin flat blade with a small dab of grease,frustrating but ultimately satisfying!

·
Registered
321 Posts
i'm with steve.. if it's an '04 should still be under warranty so why do the work yourself when you can take it in.. sit back have a pint :beer: :drink1: and pick it up later :) :drive: then ask, 'so what was wrong with it and what did you guys to do fix it'
I know this doesn't help much but... my 2 cents
take care
sam

·
Registered
121 Posts
dent said:
i'm with steve.. if it's an '04 should still be under warranty so why do the work yourself when you can take it in.. sit back have a pint :beer: :drink1: and pick it up later :) :drive: then ask, 'so what was wrong with it and what did you guys to do fix it'
I know this doesn't help much but... my 2 cents
take care
sam
You're quite right, i didn't notice it was an '04,i'm one of the guys who end up doing it so i look at the problem from a slightly different angle

·
Registered
321 Posts
aaahhh.. mechanic are you... to bad you're not in my neck of the woods. would have bought you a case or maybe a keg to help/ do a valve job :D
take care
sam

·
Registered
121 Posts
Trust me i wouldn't mind being in your neck of the woods,make a nice change from the UK. A mate of mine emigrated to Canada this time last year,he's in the Winnipeg area,lucky b*stard!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts