Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, LR Disco 2004 V8. Squeeks (high frequency noises) are heard from the driveshaft. It doesnt have greasing niples. Spayed some oil to see if it helps and yes it stoppe for a few minutes.
What can be done?
Thanks

·
Joe Btfsplk
86 Posts
I assume it is the front driveshaft? I assume it has never been changed? If it does not have grease zerks, it may be the original, and I would first get it checked professinally, and if possible replace it with one that can be greased. If it is showing any sign of distress it could fail spectacularly with very little notice, and tear up your transmission along with beating the crap out of the bottom of the car.

This is one of those 'don't wait, get it checked' items on a D2.

You don't mention the mileage on the car, I am going to make an educated guess at around 140,000 miles (assuming you are in the USA) which is in the prime drive shaft failure range as far as I know.
Let us know how things develop! Especially let us know if I am wrong!

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
I am putting together a nice clean 2002 but I am having trouble locating u joints with proper grease fittings and a centring ball kit locally. (Ontario Canada)
Can anyone recommend where I can order a good quality kit or individual parts by part number

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.