Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dash light has been on for over a year - it's interesting because the light is on but flashes brighter for some time when driving. After a while it stops flashing and just stays on.
I checked the "clock spring", sure enough there seemed to be a broken wire. Bought a used one that seemed to be OK. After installation, the light stayed on, so I'm no further ahead. I suspect many people have been through this repair. Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers, Pavel up north.

ps: this problem started when driving home from a shop repair that replaced the draglink and tie rod ball joints, then did an alignment. I should have done the job myself but was lazy (and it was mid winter). I have no clear evidence that the shop screwed up except that the steering box doesn't seem to be centralized... did they do this or was it that way before?

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Have you pulled codes to determine the nature of the SRS warning? Have you tried clearing the warning to see if it returns?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, my little Equus 3040 code reader doesn't read SRS or ABS codes, only engine codes. But I'll check to see if it can turn off the warning light. Thank you!

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
You may be able to get an auto parts store to pull the code for free. I wouldn’t trust a generic scanner for LR engine codes but SRS is pretty uniform across the brands I think

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, our Disco is not licensed for the road at the moment since we drive it only in winter... It'll have to wait until November unless I can find a code reader to sign out and borrow. Thanks for the reply. As an aside, I wonder if I can repair the old broken "clock spring"?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took the Disco out on a day permit to a well known LR Jag shop. The techie plugged in their high-end code reader and instantly the SRS dash light went out. The reader then said "No Faults". This seemed more than a bit strange because I'd expect that a "clear codes" instruction would have been needed... not so. So, for the moment, everything seems fine! And they didn't charge me... even better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts