Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 Discovery II SE7, and Well I may have a dumb question here but here it goes anyway.... About three months ago I had the HDC SRS and Trac Control lights where on everytime I started the truck, I went to the dealership and several hundred dollars and 6 hours later I was told that the pretentioner ( no idea if that is spelled correctly) in the passanger seat had an open in the circuit, and a speed sensor on the driverside was replaced .......... I drive about 75 miles each way about twice a month for the weekend. I have noticed that after I reach my destination, if I go to go somewhere the SRS light comes back on. I can let it sit for a few hours and it doesn't happen, but usually anything less than about 3 hours wait gets me that result. I decided to test this out yesterday, so I drove about 23 miles and turned around and drove back into town, and we went into a store for about an hour, and the SRS light came on. I turn the truck off and let it sit, restart and the light does not come on this time. From there I get curious and we go to another store and spend about a half an hour in there and get in the truck to come home, I start it SRS light comes on again, turn it off, restart and the SRS light comes on again..... So we come home and i let the truck sit for about 4 hours go out and start her up and there was no SRS light....... :dunno:

Well I think that gets the story, but I am wondering if anyone has any idea what this could be. I call the dealership and they want me to bring it in for diagnostics, well I fell for that trick once and paid for them to tell me that there was nothing wrong. I still have that question but that may be a different thread in the near future. I would appreciate any thoughts or insight that you could throw my way. :drink1:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
From what I know of the SRS light, the light comes on every time you turn on the ignition, and stays on for about 5 seconds while the system checks the diagnostic control module. The light will stay on usually if there is a fault in the system, and unfortunately can only be accessed by using the TestBook. As you have already had this problem attended to by the dealer, you should insist that they fix the problem which has re-occured, without cost to yourself.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Phone the service manager. Be pleasant but forcefull. Explaining that they carried out the work, and that you paid a considerable amount of money. As the initial problem still exists, they should solve the problem. If the dealer is decent, they will stand by their workmanship.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New development......

well I went to go to work this morning, no holiday for me, And the SRS light actually didn't come on. I don't know for sure, but I didn't have the AC on today, when I started up. Not sure if that may have something to do with it or not. Any thoughts????

I am going to try to talk to the service manager this week as well.
THanks Disco

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.