Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
stainless exhaust systems...manifolds/headers...experiences ?!?

Hello

thinking about buying a stainless steel exhaust system
for my 1993 range rover classic 4.2 (now running with 4.6 engine)
but
I don´t know which brand I should buy !!
And which type of system - a cat-back or a sports with tubular manifolds/headers ??
Did anyone made good or bad experiences
with brands like :
jan-speed, rimmer bros. , quicksilver , ... ??
How did they fit – How was the quality of the parts ??

· Registered
162 Posts
I have Borla

I have Borla Stainless steel catback system in my 95 LWB and it is awesome.
Sound is very powerful, not drowning, not too quite. As far as performance goes, honestly, it is hard to tell if I am saving gas or increasing HP. But the Borla comes with million mile(lifetime) warranty and it is a quality stuff.

· Registered
641 Posts
I have a 93 LWB with a NRP cat back system. I noticed a slight boost in power over the stock. The NRP has amazing quality and the sound is not quite as loud or agressive as a borla, but it definately lets you know its there. At idle the sound is only slightly louder than stock but when you get on it it gives a nice subtle roar. The kit came with all parts necessary to install and the hardest part was removing the old system, I ended up hacking it off with a sawzall.

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
NRP only has the single muffler, No resonator.

You know what they say about a reputation being hard earned, but easily lost; well early on, NRP used carbon steel electrode when welding the pipe to the muffler, and they rotted out at that point fairly quickly. Everyone was going around saying what a POS NRP was. Very quickly they learned their lesson and began, and still do use stainless welding electrode. I have had an NRP under my 110 for 2 years, and have to say it looks new. Up front, I can't tell what it sounds like, Defender's being noisy and all, but my son says it sounds real nice.

· Registered
162 Posts
Borla Exhaust

Borla has single center muffler and the tip is welded to the pipe and it is polished stainless steel, not chrome.

Mine tucks under the rear bumper about half way up, so it is not hanging down to get caught offroading. Very nice fit for LWB.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
good or bad experiences - talk about

jwjw said:
Hello

thinking about buying a stainless steel exhaust system
for my 1993 range rover classic 4.2 (now running with 4.6 engine)
but
I don´t know which brand I should buy !!

did anyone made good or bad experiences
with stainless steel exhaust systems ???
(especially for the range rover classic)
what about brands like:
rimmer bros. , double S , quicksilver, janspeed ???
Which system is worth it´s price ?
From which system it´s better to take the hands of ?

Are there any other brands YOU would recommend !?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.