Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone give me any advise. I park my 02 TD4 on a slope, occasionally when pulling away it stalls after about 6 feet. The manual tells me I should drive away straight after start up, should I leave it to 'warm up' a little first though to cure the stall or will this have no effect at all (other than on the fuel consumption) !, also can anyone give an indication as to turn off when pulling up, some say let the engine idle for about 10 secs others sat about 30 to 60, which is best ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
When cold the engine doesn't like pulling, likewise the turbo doesn't come on line until about 1800-2000rpm so under that there is not a lot of power.

The simple answer might be more revs on take off to get the engine into its power zone - say 1800rpm.

Garry

·
Registered
110 Posts
susyhutch said:
Do you have any info on removal of fuel filter from TD4, workshop manual no help.
The filter is on the left hand side of the engine compartment bulkhead.

Unscrew the filter housing and lift the housing - tilting away from the bracket. Disconnent the wiring multiplug

Put rags under the filter. Note locations of fuel hoses etc. Depress retaining clips and disconnect hoses.

Lift filter and filter head from bracket then unscrew the filter.

To install new filter - lubricate the sealing ring with engine oil and fill the filter with diesel. Screw in the filter to the filter head until just tight - hand turn a further 180 degrees.

Refit to the housing

Reconnect hoses as electrical connector - tighten

Apparently nothing else is required eg no pumps or primer or bleeding etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.